Monday, February 11, 2008

Octo-Bot!

Mostly as an exercise in creativity and/or stress release, I have a tendency to start working on designs for no particular reason. With all of the various projects (whether freelance, personal, or work related) I am working on, I find it's a nice break to just play around with something that has no deadline.

One the of the ideas I have been playing with is the "Mighty and terrible Octo-Bot, with its Tentacles of Doom!" (as shown here). This design really serves no purpose, other than being a fun looking image. But, it might make a neat t-shirt design.

Recently, some friends of mine (such as artist Sean Dietrich) have been getting involved with submitting t-shirt designs to sites like Threadless and Design By Humans. I'm not sure how well they've done with those submissions, but considering that those designs that are chosen are printed and paid for, I'm thinking about submitting this design for consideration. However... I'm not sure if this design is strong enough, or if I should drop the words, or change the color. I may play around with it a bit first...

4 comments:

Elwood said...

Gives new meaning to beating someone eight ways to Sunday. Love it!

Brian Meredith said...

Thanks! Any chance to beat someone, not once but eight times, is always cause for celebration...

Pedro Pablo said...

Hello Brian

Only to know, if your mail is ok, or you have changed?
Well, I wait for this all good,
Regards

PP

Oracle_Batgirl said...

I really like the design, both for kids and adults. I wouldn't change a thing, but it would be funny to put, 'beating you eight ways to Sunday!' on the back. :)